Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11th

I was going to write a big tribute today on the 4th anniversary of the horrific day.

I can't do that after I spent 30 minutes yesterday with a man that fought in Afghanistan for 2 years -- 1 year longer than he was supposed to and he is only home because he got injured. He firmly believes that he would still be over there.

I just was moved by his heart and his emotions and I felt sorry for him.

HE will forever have a limp because of the war we are waging.

I then look at the footage of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and I have to ask...

How much of a superpower are we still?

Just curious...

1 comment:

steakbellie said...

a future brother in law of mine was one of the first people into Afghanastan, and I'm always so in awe of what he was willing to do when our country needed him.

I dont have a problem with the 'war' in Afghanastan in that it was actually linked to 9-11.

My problem is how we somehow let this lunatic fight an even bigger war in Iraq just to impress his daddy.

Those poor boys are losing limbs, lives, and sanity for nothing....