Friday, September 30, 2005

Robbed! A Tale of One of the Biggest Dick Moves in History

Alright... so there I was... in Dover, Delaware. I was with my good friend Mike and 20 of his co-workers and friends. We were there to watch a NASCAR race. We arrived at the parking lot at 6:00 am after awaking at 2:15 am to do so. I was dragging a little bit, but I knew a strategiclly placed 30 minute nap in the morning and another one at night would get me through the day.

My morning nap went just as planned and I slipped it in between shopping and morning snacks.

We then ate lunch, went to the race and returned to the car where we had another three hour wait before we could even consider packing up the car to go home.

At some point, I decided that I was going to sit in one of the many available "chairs in a bag" that were unoccupied. It wasn't my chair as someone else had sat in it and fallen asleep in it. I didn't care as that is how things go when you tailgate. There is an inference of sharing.

I sat in the chair closest to me, put my head back, and drifted off.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder startling me out of a satisfying "nap" sleep. There was one of Mike's co-workers looking at me straight in the face about 15 inches away. He was pretty close and he said, "Hey, you're in my chair."

I responded groggily as I was not sure what was going on, "Ok..."

He said, "Can you get out? I want to sit there."

I looked around and there were ... no joke... about 12 other open chairs. I also heard two of this guy's co-workers say... "What are you doing?" to him. It was a very surreal moment made even more surreal as the chair that I was occupying was a good 10 feet from other people (this was done by design)!

Since I didn't know him and since I didn't want to create any problems with Mike and his co-workers (as I wasn't sure who his peers, underlings, and supervisors were) I quietly and sleepily got up and moved to another chair.

This guy was called a few names by his coworkers that included "Asshole" and "dick" but I refrained and sat down.

He also sat down in his chair and tried to joke around with his friends. They didn't like his behavior and became friends with me.

Here's the kicker. He got up 3 minutes later to go cook food.

Bastard...and his stupid hat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

His shorts are pretty stupid, too.

People like that just drive me crazy.

Smelmooo said...

What?

People who are rude or people with stupid hats and shorts?

Anonymous said...

I actually thought that was Barenberg. Heh.

-Shari

Smelmooo said...

I know what tipped it... it was the silly pants he was wearing with a tucked in shirt.

Anonymous said...

That and the gold bracelet. I just couldn't figure out why Marc would be at Nascar. This clears it all up!

-Shari