Sunday, November 18, 2007

Birthday Week -- Post #1

Sooo... it is my birthday week... and I am excited about a few things. I have written a series of blogs centered around my birthday.

I hope you enjoy... since they are all kind of dopey.(This one being the most lame one.)

Here's my first installment.

Tangentwoman read this interesting article about Congress and it's schedule.

Bastards hate me and my birthday.

Calendar Conundrum. Democrats and Republicans seem to be having trouble agreeing on just about anything these days, including setting a tentative schedule for the rest of the year.

In the annual calendar sent out by Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Minority Whip Trent Lott’s (R-Miss.) offices last week, the pair apparently didn’t double-check, you know, the actual dates. So the calendar lists, in order, Nov. 18, 29 and then 20. Poor Nov. 19 was ignored entirely.

“I’m not sure where the 19th went. But since the Democrats have announced that they can accomplish just as little in a three-day workweek next year as they did with this year’s supposed five-day weeks, I’d expect a lot more days to go missing on future calendars,” joked a Republican leadership aide.

No comments: