Friday, November 02, 2007

I Can Be a Total Bastard

Sooo... I put up an entry on Craiglist because I run an event and I have a few left over tickets to a sold out performance of Grease.

Since it is for the business I run, all I really wanted was face value.

I got this as one of the responses.

I would love to pay you full price. We just do not have the money. My ten year daughter and I have watched the reality show and voted for the cast members. I told my daughter that we could go and see them on Broadway. Unfortunately times are very tuff right now and we are trying to sell our home. With the market so slow and my husband job cut I am not able to make my daughter's dream of seeing Grease come true. Mortgage has to be paid. WE just do not have the funds right now. Please let me know if you can help. Many thanks

Ummmm.... what?

Here is what I WANT to respond with... is it too harsh?

What the hell are you talking about? You think that I am going to feel sorry for you? Jesus! Perhaps you shouldn't make promises to small children that you can't keep! Perhaps you should have thought more about what television shows you were watching and what kind of response your children would have after watching them. I suggest that you get a second job instead of hunting the internet looking for tickets. Exactly where are you looking for tickets? You could cut out your internet and computer usage for a few months and afford tickets. And just to add insult to injury, this is actually a fundraiser for the Make a Wish Foundation... so I suggest that you make up a disease for your kid and apply for this money there. Just a thought...

You don't even want to know what I have not written here....

Blech.


So? a bit rough?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaa that's sooooo funny! I would lighten it up a bit but definitely send it!

--MS

Anonymous said...

Usually I'm a bleeding heart...but that story was even too much for me. Your response, although maybe a wee bit harsh, definitely funny!
-L