Sunday, December 05, 2004

Card Sharks -- NOT of Death!!!

I never said that the things I love are great.

I never said that the things I love are quality...

Yeah... I own Bloodhound Gang's One Fierce Beer Coaster and my favorite song on the CD is called "Your Friends are Make Believe."

But I am a sucker for a particular show on television and goes back decades...I love CARD SHARKS...

Card Sharks is a game show where contestants basically play High/Low for tons of money and fabulous prizes! As much as I get caught up in the yelling of HIGHER!!! or... LOWER!!!!, I love the questions that enable them to play the card game.

For example, questions featured an impromptu survey of 100 random people. The contestants then had to guess how many people met the requirement of the question... the other contestant then has to guess if the first answer is too high or too low. The answer is revealed and we have a winner!

The fun part about this is the stupid logic of the people. I just heard someone say that she thinks something was true because "that type of person smiles a lot" so it MUST be true. Somehow... she lost... go figure.

THen comes the card flipping. You have to guess whether the next card will be higher or lower...

God... that show was genius... until it added Bob Eubanks as a host... those shows make me cringe, but I still have to watch for some reason.

Jim Perry was the original and best host and he is my game show god.

No comments: