Thursday, December 30, 2004

CD Clean Up and Embarrassing CD List

This has been the holiday season for most of you... but it has been another season for me.
I have been cleaning out all of muh CDs in preparation to sell them. The impetus was the purchase of an iPod so all of the CDs that muh wife and I own are now on the iPod and on the newly installed hard drive on muh computer (thanks Dan...)
I have been spending an hour here and an hour there writing up Ebay listings for the CDs. As of this writing, I have over 750 CDs that will be sold to the lucky people of the world. I expect maybe 600 of them will sell at different prices.
The point though... is ... how the hell or where the hell did many of these CDs come from? I don't remember buying some of them and yet... I probably did over the past ten years.
Here is a list of some CDs that I had no idea I had or...am surprised that I had it. If I have offended any of you for yuor musical tastes...then good... what the hell are you listening to anyway?
1. Mariah Carey -- #1's
2. Hanson -- TWO CDs! The one with MMMBop! I can understand...but the second one?
3. Enuff Znuff - Enuff Znuff -- They were a really horrible hair band... "New Thing" Yes... I admit that it was a fun song...but did it really merit buying a whole new CD?
4. The soundtrack for Duets, Bounce and Sweet November -- Three sh*tty movies -- three sh*tty soundtracks.
5. Frente! - The exclamation point in their name says it all.
6. Ultimate Dance Party 1997 and 1998 -- For those of you that have seen the Smelmooo dance... I am first... sorry... and I am second... reminding you of the finger pointing...
7. OMC -- How Bizarre -- You remember the song... it sucked...and guess what!!?!?! the CD sucked even more.
8. The Simpsons Sing the Blues -- I used to love the show...but when did I buy this CD of Simpsons characters singing the Blues? I need medication.
9. Vonda Shepherd --- uhhh... crap...
10. Smash Mouth -- Once again... the first one..I'll give ya... but who really needs three different Smash Mouth Cds.....
Honorable Mention -- TWO Celine Dion CDs

7 comments:

mickeyg said...

I have to agree with you on most of the ones listed there, but Frente! I disagree with. I like her, and not just because she was on the buffy soundtrack!

G

Smelmooo said...

Her?

Her?

I thought it was a band...

Dammit... there is so much to learn.

Anonymous said...

I must take credit (or blame, depending on your taste) for the Frente!, Bounce and Duets CDs, and maybe one of the Smash Mouths, but the rest are all the Smelmooo's (as is the Titanic soundtrack, which is conspicuously absent from this list!).

And I gotta say, I really liked Duets the movie and the soundtrack, and just the soundtrack to Bounce. At the moment, though, I'm enjoying my new Christmas gift, the 13 Going on 30 soundtrack, which also was a great movie.

--yh

Smelmooo said...

This is the kind of response that really makes me doubt... you know...

I try to protect muh wife from embarassment for owning such crap as the Bounce Soundtrack and the Duets Soundtrack since those are truly embarrassing and she sells me out with the Titanic soundtrack...

I didn't say it by name... but it WAS mentioned in the Celine Dion reference since no one else really wanted to hear any of the other instrumental crap.

argh

mickeyg said...

You are correct, Frente is a band, but the lead singer, Angie Hart is pretty cool. And actually I found Frente looking for her other band, Splendid.

g

LITBMueller said...

OK, about those shitty soundtraks: I'm not sure which is worse: the fact that you have the soundtraks to those movies, or the fact that you saw them! :)

Smelmooo said...

Please note... WHO owned them... and WHO married into them.