Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Unreasonable Reason to Hate....Sting... and the Damn Police

Soo... I hate Sting. I hate the Police and I can't stand listening to them. They actually cause a reaction in me that makes me groan out the noise and reach across whomever is near me to change the song.

The reason I hate them is completely unreasonable.

Back when I was in high school, I dated a very lovely young lady by the initials of MS. Those of you that knew me back then and muh wife know who I am talking about.

She LOOOOVEDDDD Sting. Sting was her main man...and when you are a young teenager, it is often difficult to separate the real world with the only world that you know -- High School. It is tough to see beyond the world of high school as it dictates your life.

Regardless, I began to develop a jealous anomosity towards Sting and his merry band of misfits. This green beast dominated my thoughts and I would refuse to let Sting be played when I was able to control it... that is... whenever MS wasn't around.

The reason was simple... I always came in second to Sting... muh teenage heart would eventually be broken the day Sting visited Flemington, New Jersey.

Sooo... we eventually broke up and the hatred for Sting and the Police remained. It was the only irrational thought process that I have ever held on to. It then was exascerbated in college when GC was the exact same way. She loved Sting even more I think. Here I was... in honors classes and being the overachiever that I was, but I couldn't separate reality from a stupid crush.

Sting and the Police remained an evil gang in muh book...

There... they remain today... I hate them... and it is for a completely unreasonable and irrational reason...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Said with all the love I can muster...just let it go. :-)

-J