Monday, January 03, 2005

2004 -- A Year Under Review by the Smelmooo

Annual retrospectives are prevalent all over every medium from newspapers to radio to television to wrestling websites to magazines. Should the Thoughts of the Smelmooo web page be any different? I think not.

It was a tremendously HUGE year for me as I sold my first house -- god bless explosions in the real estate market, bought my first house together with muh wife -- damn the explosions in the real estate market, and most importantly, I finalized my union to the most wonderful woman in the world -- "Muh Honey."

However... I offer a look at some of the things that also blipped across my screen in the year 2004.

1. The WWE crowns John Bradshaw Layfield as its champion. The character is loosely based on the current President of the United States. He then becomes one of the most hated villians of all time -- not because he is like the President, but because he just plain sucks and his references to Hitler didn't do him any favors either.

2. The New England Patriots won the Super Bowl. Good for them... New England really needed the boost after the Red Sox screwed it up again a couple of months prior.

3. Crap... the Boston Red Sox won the ACLS and then the World Series -- thankfully.. mostly while I was on a boat in the middle of the Meditterranean not knowing a damn thing about it. New England is now.. .officially spoiled.

4. Governor McGreevey admits to having gay relationships during his tenure in office. Great... that's all I need... a reason for out of staters to make fun of our state. We had such a perfect reputation before that.

5. There was some sort of election spurring some of the funniest websites out there. www.jibjab.com -- www.sorryeverybody.com -- www.apologiesaccepted.com God bless Al Gore and his internet.

6. The Olympics taught me many things. a. Synchronized diving rocks. b. Men's gymnastics was actually more exciting than the women this year. c. The American basketball team didn't win the championship because it was a bunch of individual stars...there is not "individual stars" in team -- look a the Pistons this year fellas.

7. Tom Brokaw finally retired. Never has a person been so bad at the fundamental aspect of their job as him. Did anyone actually think he would be on the air the next day since we can't understand a word he says anyway?

8. Dan Rather looks like a jackass on the television with some made up documents. What's the frequency Kenneth? means something new to me now -- it marks the time that Rather had his brains altered.

9. Tsunamis are no longer cool. Not at all. The only way I ever saw one of them was in a video game or something. This is something completely new.

10. Really old women are having children. Selfish women... these kids won't have a mommy in 10 years!!! selfish selfish selfish..

So much more happened... but this is all I could think of now... I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: