Monday, January 31, 2005

Another Survey... The High School Years....

This is the best one I've gotten in a while! I am very curious to see everone's answers...so PLEASE fill this one out in the comments section!!!

Hello Friends~
We all must be pretty bored because we keep getting these surveys...remember these days, the high school years...

[What year was it?]
1988-1992

[What were your three favorite bands?]
U2, Hair bands like Warrant, Dokken, and Motley Crue that you could buy a “patch” for, Indigo Girls for the chicks

[What was your favorite outfit?]
You know those funky ass Skidz pants? I LOVED mine. I usually wore some sort of printed t-shirt as well.

[What was up with your hair?]
My hair had a “poof” or a “wave” if you will. It was long and bushy and came down over my eyes in a big poofy wave kind of thing. If you are nice to me, I will share the URL of an address that will get you to it.

[Who were your best friends?]
Mike, Eric, Jamie, Brian, and many of the nerds.

[What did you do after school?]
For the first half of my high school life, I was into sports – soccer and basketball. For the second half, I did a lot acting and plays. A lot… I was a busy beaver. I was also heavily into Forensics… state-champion-ish right here!

[Where did you work?]
I worked for a video store/deli/pizzeria/ice cream shop/convenience store. It was great work… and dangit… I got paid under the table.

[Did you take the bus?]
Bus? Our houses were acres apart from each other. That means that the school bus took an HOUR to get to the school…so I tried NOT to take the bus whenever…

[Who did you have a crush on?]
Maribel… for all four years… I even got to date her for two.

[Did you fight with your parents?]
Not that often… not the way other people fought… I am/was just pretty independent.

[Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?]
I really don’t remember… maybe Gloria Estefan… J

[Did you smoke cigarettes?]
Heck no… my balls would have been in a vice.

[Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker?]
Screw that! I loved going to my locker… I got to see Jen T. But… I hated seeing April T. Snob.

[Did you have a 'clique'?]
Not really.. I was a nerd that was good at sports and could act… I ran the gamut when it came to friends.

[Did you have "The Max" like Zach Kelly and Slater?]
Felix Diner #9 – Cheese fries with gravy…

[Admit it, were you popular?]
Sure I was… by everyone that cared to know me… and as I said before.. I did enough stuff to get friends… but it all changed…with “Joke of the Day…”

[Who did you want to be just like?]
I never wanted to be like anyone… I want to just be me.

[What did you want to be when you grew up?]
I wanted to be President of the United States… but… as we have seen in the past four years… I am too smart for that job.

[Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now?]
Dead…

2 comments:

mickeyg said...

[What year was it?]
1988-1992 - although my high school was only 3 years - 9th grade was still in the Junior High Schools.

[What were your three favorite bands?]
Eric Clapton, Allman Brothers Band & Low Budget (a friends band)

[What was your favorite outfit?]
The early days of the scoliosis brace, I wore leggins and long sweaters. After it came off - lots of skirts of all lenngths.

[What was up with your hair?]
I never got into the "I must hairspray my hair so it stand 5 inches off my head" style but I did spend time with curling irons and feathering it.

[Who were your best friends?]
Karen & Jen for the longest time, and then once we got to Union High, Nancy, Erin, Keith, Frank & John. And Christine always - even if she lived in another town.

[What did you do after school?]
Swim Team for a year, then Play rehearsal, play rehearsal and play rehearsal. One year in Marching band, - yup I was a drama geek and a flaggete!

[Where did you work?]
Mostly babysat. Spent summers teaching/aiding at Union Summer Music School. Did one year at an ice cream parlor.

[Did you take the bus?]
Maybe about 5 times. My sister drove in my first year, then my dad would take me and my neigbor and my neighbors mom picked us up.

[Who did you have a crush on?]
Eric Figuero, from those early days of Algebra. The drama of our relationship, and the days I spent at the 5 points movie theatre. Last I talked to him was senior year of college and he was moving to Arizona.

[Did you fight with your parents?]
Not really - I left that to Cara

[Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?]
Michael J. Fox.

[Did you smoke cigarettes?]
Nope - funny I didn't start until college.

[Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker?]
No, I actually had two lockers at each end of the school so I could dump books if I needed them.

[Did you have a 'clique'?]
It depends - I guess sort of, cause there was the core group that hung out, be we all were actually pretty different and had different circles so not really. Ok, that made no sense. My answer is no.

[Did you have "The Max" like Zach Kelly and Slater?]
The Twain - pickles on the table, cheese fries with gravey.

[Admit it, were you popular?]
No really - remember, drama geek and flagette! And I also was recently told at my 10 year reunion that a friend of a friend though I was prissy. Me, prissy. That's funny. But I was pretty shy when it came to people who didn't know me.

[Who did you want to be just like?]
No one really, it never crossed my mind that I should be like someone else. I liked being the prissy drama geek of me.

[What did you want to be when you grew up?]
An actress or a teacher. That was really it, I never thought in detail about specifics - I knew I wanted to go into theatre, and that it would work itself out in college.

[Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now?]
Oh, this is a troublesome one. I thought I'd be married, with 2 kids and teaching high school drama somewhere. Funny how that is the farthest thing from what I'm doing now. Although it still sounds pretty good, but I guess I'll have to take what I've got.

Gina

LITBMueller said...

[What year was it?]
1988-1991 (3 yr. high school)

[What were your three favorite bands?]
Rush, The Police, U2

[What was your favorite outfit?]
Cut-off jean shorts and worn out white concert t-shirt (Living Colour, 1990!)

[What was up with your hair?]
A mullet tied back in a ponytail.

[Who were your best friends?]
Butch, Tom, Brian and Dave.

[What did you do after school?]
Hop into our friend Dan’s van, go get some Taco Bell, and do stupid stuff (van surfing, stealing road signs, throwing the football/frisbee around, etc.)

[Where did you work?]
I worked in the local public library, putting the books away. No people, no stress, easssssyyy money!

[Did you take the bus?]
Nope! My mom taught at my high school, so I rode in with her.

[Who did you have a crush on?]
I can’t remember names. One girl was named Jean….

[Did you fight with your parents?]
Not much because I was good at hiding the bad things! If we did, my dad would yell, and that would be OK. At worst, my mom would give me the Italian evil eye for a week!!! [shudder…]

[Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?]
Never really had one!

[Did you smoke cigarettes?]
No way!!! Too expensive….

[Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker?]
Lockers were the best meeting point. My best friends and I had last names beginning with “M,” so we always had lockers right near each other.

[Did you have a 'clique'?]
Nope. I hated the cliques. I hung out with lots of different people.

[Did you have "The Max" like Zach Kelly and Slater?]
Late night trips to Denny’s!!!!

[Admit it, were you popular?]
Not at all. But everyone knew me. Kinda weird, huh? Musta been the mullet!

[Who did you want to be just like?]
Darth Vader, but the heavy breathing scared the girls away….

[What did you want to be when you grew up?]
A rock star!!!

[Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now?]
I had absolutely no idea!!!!!!