Friday, January 07, 2005

Are People Really This Stupid? - Ebay Style

I love Ebay... I love selling on it.. in fact... I might even argue that Ebay is a drug.... but I need to compile a running list of stupid questions that I am getting.

1. Here is the title of an auction that I have/had up. "Ella and Louis Again 2 CD SEALED (Armstrong Fitzgerald)" The title is the FIRST thing you read when it comes to items. It is what draws you in to look at the rest of the item. A bidder actually asked this question. "Condition of cd?" Apparently, the word SEALED is confusing to some. My answer was -- "As you can see by the title... it is sealed... thus... never used... thus...in perfect condition! Good luck and happy bidding." I wonder if she will bid.

2. Another one asked me for a listing of the tracks on the CD. Although I didn't list the tracks, it is VERY simple to find out the names of tracks on a MASS MARKETED CD that was NUMBER ONE at one time in the country. Where do they come from?

3. I was also asked this week if I would end an auction early (1 day left and something I just don't agree with doing..) so that she could buy the item for $3.99. The auction had it listed at $5.25. That's what other people bid it up to. Yeah... I am going to get right on that....

4. I give detailed emails to people after they win. It breaks down all the fees and charges. My favorite questions from these folks are -- "um... so the final total is... $X? (copying exactly what is in print in front of them.)" My answer in my brain is ..."No shit Sherlock.." but I generally respond with ... "That is correct."

Sometimes it actually hurts my brain.

1 comment:

LITBMueller said...

Reminds me of the list of stupidest warning labels of 2004, which Keith Olbermann talked about on Countdown last night. One of them was on a digital thermometer: "After use of this product orally, do not use rectally." Proving the point that, yes, people really are stupid.