Saturday, January 22, 2005

Why I Love Nudity and Email lists...

As a subrscriber to the Barenaked Ladies official website and mailing list, I sometimes get some fun emails from the Canadian boys. They keep me up to date on their new records and when they will be making guest appearances places.

They were recently signed for a television show and I reported that on the website when it happened over the summer. It looks like it is finally going to be coming to fruition!

I recently received this email.

"The Barenaked Ladies are currently in Los Angeles filming the pilot for their TV show. They would like to invite the first 500 people to show up on Tuesday January 25 to be audience members for the taping. Details are as follows:Date: Tuesday Jan. 25th Time: 6:30 pm Location: Avalon Club at 1735 N. Vine Ave. Hollywood CA Come early as only the first 500 will get in!"

How awesome is that!?!?!?

Anyway... this is one of two reasons why I wished I lived in southern California this week.

1. BNL Show.
2. It was NINE degrees when I went to the store this morning... NINE. Forget about the foot of snow we might get... NINE.

Stay Warm....even if it is with your Barenaked Ladies.

1 comment:

mickeyg said...

9 degrees. Pshaw. It was 2 degrees here in Haverhill. And yesterday morning was so cold, Jack's car wouldn't start and the hood latch was frozen shut.

Plus, this area is expecting 20-30 inches of snow.

Great weekend to go visit the inlaws, huh? Hello, work, sorry I can't come in but it's too cold to start the car!

G