Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Book 3 of 26 -- Heartbreak & Triumph : The Shawn Michaels Story

Ahhh... for someone who said that he just wants to read 26 books this year, I have been awfully busy. I picked up another book from the library the other day and it was completely a selfish read. It was entitled Heartbreak & Triumph : The Shawn Michaels Story



Before you start shaking your head in disbelief...let me say something.

I have been a huge fan of professional wrestling for a very long time. I continue to watch it -- even though most of it is on Fast Forward with the DVR, but I love it. I enjoy the escapism and I enjoy the "Holy Shit" moments that some wrestlers are still committed to providing me.

One of the highlights of my year is driving down to E.P. to my friend Chris' house and watching Wrestlemania with his friends -- other big wrestling fans. We all mark out and cheer for our favorite wrestlers. They all generally boo and hiss me as my favorite wrestlers are always the bad guys. They just seem to be having so much fun being bad guys and it cracks me up.

Wrestling is a great distraction and it makes me laugh.

....And for some reason... it has a tremendous calming affect on Tucker...who will sit next to me on the floor and watch the television when it is on. This happens about 1/2 the time it is on.

One of my favorite wrestlers is Sean Michaels. If asked, I would say that he is my brother's favorite wrestler of all time. Sean recetnly put out an autobiography and I just finished reading the 345 page book. It was what I expected and provided a great deal of insight into "wrestling" events that I have always wondered about.

This is obviously a book for fans and I would completely recommend it to any fan.

2 comments:

steakbellie said...

I'm taking the family to SMACKDOWN tonite!!!!
WAHOOOO!!!!!!!

wwu

steakbellie said...

holy crap you're not gonna believe SMACKDOWN this week!!!!


fmhml