Thursday, January 05, 2006

So... I Was Shaken Up From Almost Dying...

...so... I am not sure why it has taken me so long to write about this but I guess mostly because it really shook me up.

It isn't as dramatic as I made the title sound, but I can still see it happening in my head and my back is still a bit tight from it.

On a rainy Tuesday afternoon at 1:50 p.m., I pulled up to an intersection and was the first one at the light. I was on a road that spills onto a major county road.

Sitting at the light, I watched the cross traffic come to a stop as their light turned red.

The light is delayed, so I waited for the oncoming traffic to cross and make their appropriate turns. My light eventually turned and I hit the gas. When I was about half way through the traffic, the cross traffic lane was the host of a speeding and oncoming car. He swerved and slid on the wet ground. The back of his swerved out and he came within two feet from hitting my Big Blue Buick.

It was scary as I froze there in the middle of the intersection. The Asshole waved at me like..."My Bad" and then sped off after narrowly missing the car in the other turning lane as well.

What the hell?

No comments: