Thursday, January 26, 2006

Books 6 of 26 -- What Happens When You Go to a Convention

Sooo... I headed off to sunny Florida for five days. While I was there, I read another Steve Martini book and started another, which I am still reading and will review over the next few days once I finish it.

Prime Witness follows around uber lawyer Paul Madriani on yet another case. This time, Paul has volunteered to help out a friend in need and serve as a temporary District Attorney. Then... his friend up and dies just as a string of murders occur. Paul is forced to remain as a district attorney until the case is resolved.



I like to think that I am as smart as the author in many of the books that I read. My track record with murder mysteries of this sort is around 80%. I can usually pick the murderer in the first 1/3 of the book but I read anyway as I like to see how they develop the characters. For the purposes of my estimation, I don't count books that pull out a murderer in the last 50 pages of the book. I like it better when we meet a slew of characters in the beginning and one of them is the horrible murderer.

Steve Martini writes effortlessly and Prime Witness is a Prime Example of this.

No comments: