Thursday, January 26, 2006

Upcoming Reads

I was offered a too good to be true offer from Quality Paperback books and I purchased a slew of best sellers for an obscenely low price.

I'll probably read them and re-sell them on eBay.

I plan on reading these over the next 6 months or so.

1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova The Historian has been a best seller for awhile now and I figured... what the heck? It's only a $1.

2. 1776 by David McCullough Pulitzer Prize winning book... and I like history... why not?

3. The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family by Dan Savage Savage is gay and he wrote a fantastic book with a tremendous amount of insight into the process of adopting a kid. That was 2001 and this book is from 2005. It should be good since he is pretty funny and honest.

4. Cell by Stephen King He is "retired" yet he came out with another book. I guess he must have nothing better to do. I think the "retired" was more of a getting out from under a contract thing.

5. Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story I have written about how much I love this guy. I have to read more about his life.

But first... I need to finish Undue Influence by Steve Martini

3 comments:

tangentwoman said...

I want to read the Savage book before you put it on eBay, please!

Smelmooo said...

Oh great... that means it will sit in a pile and never be read until 2008.

steakbellie said...

i want to read the Eddie one and the HBK one, but it'll have to wait...I already started this years book!