Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Random Thoughts on a ...Wednesday...

1. For Christmas, muh wife ordered Alien Nation -- the Complete Series on DVD. Yes... I am a complete nerd. It was based upon the movie starring James Caan and Mandy Patinkon and was pretty good but it was destined to doom as it was science fiction and on Fox.



I have watched a few episodes and it is as heartfelt and dopey as I remember it. Thanks to muh wife for bringing me joy with something that really was something I thoroughly enjoyed. Now... I just have to stay attuned to future movies that were made coming out. The show originally aired in 1989 and 1990. They made five made for TV movies over the next 7 years after that. VERY exciting... I hope those movies come out soon. Oh boy... I think I have hit some all time new geek level...more than when I was watching all the Buck Rogers' episodes.

2. I was so incredibly happy that muh wife and I used some Borders/Waldenbooks' gift cards to purchase a truly awesome book. It is entitled The Complete Calvin & Hobbes I LOVED this cartoon when I grew up and I am so glad to be rediscovering it.



The books are insanely heavy and muh wife and I each had to carry one side of the plastic bag in order to carry it comfortably... Calvin & Hobbes is the single greatest comic strip ever done and this book may be simply the best retrospective...ever.

3. One of my favorite bands in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD has a new single out. The name? The same as muh wife's real name. I got the single for her as a surprise. She should hang it up at work. If you want to know what it is... email me or something...and I will let you know.

4. I told someone recently that I am the new guy on my town's Zoning Board. I was appointed at the beginning of the year. This person asked me -- "What will you do when people offer you a bribe?" I jokingly pondered it and then said, "I won't take it." Five minutes later, she asked me... "What if it is $50,000?" I said..."Nope..." About 5 minutes later, she asked, "What if it is $250,000?" I said with my patience disappearing... "uhh... no...." Later in the day, she followed up with, "How about a million dollars?" I almost blew my stack with... "NO!!!!!!!!!!" Maybe I should.

5. I recently cleared out my IM listing. There were a lot of dead names on there or people that I haven't seen in years on there. It was good to just plain clear that stuff out.

No comments: