Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Book 39 of 26 – Absolute Power by David Baldacci

As many of you know, but I repeat muhself anyway, I like to discover a new author and read all of his or her books in chronological order.

I finished reading Steakbellie’s favorite author – Steve Martini – and I had to find a new author. I searched high and low and arbitrarily chose David Baldacci. You may ask what went through my mind when I chose him.. and I can honestly say that I have absolutely no clue. It must have been out on a display or something.



I started with his debut novel – Absolute Power. I started reading the book about a thief who witnesses the President of the United States contribute to the murder of his lover (I didn’t ruin anything since it happens in the first 50 pages) and I soon realized that I had seen this story before...

I racked my brain and the internet to discover that I had... it was turned into a Clint Eastwood movie almost a decade ago.

Smelmooo = smart

I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about a book in which you know who did it for the majority of the book. I ended up liking it more than I thought. Baldacci is really exceptional at pacing and keeping the reader interested even though... as I said... the reader knows whodunit in the first few pages.

No comments: