Thursday, August 31, 2006

Why My Vacation Sucked, BY Smelmooo

Muh wife and I had a really nice 4 day jaunt to the beach. It was great and we couldn’t have asked for nicer weather and conditions as it never got over 82 degrees or rained.

However, there were a few things that just plain sucked.

1. Every year, we pretty much go to the exact same place to eat the first night. It’s a ½ mile from the house and is out of the way from the rest of the town and restaurants that we also frequent. We headed out to the restaurant pretty much after throwing our suitcases into the bedroom. When we walked up to the front door 20 minutes later, we were sad to see that the restaurant was closed…That meant, we had another 30 minutes to walk until the next closest restaurant. Not horrible, but it still sucked.

2. We make a trip to this seafood place that we really, really, like in Point Pleasant. I get the same dish every year because it is a sampler platter and has a variety of yummy seafood. The difference with this place compared to others is that they have a Cajun sauce that they apply to the fish. Muh wife knows how much I like the sauce and kept reminding me all day about how yummy dinner was going to be because I was going to get one of my favorite dishes. We got there, I ordered, and I was very excited. About 5 minutes later, the waitress came over to tell me that there was No More Cajun Sauce…crap. Not horrible... but it just sucked.

3. Muh wife got burned again. She always gets burned. It is pretty much inevitable with her very pale skin. What makes it sad is that she puts on so much sun screen that you have to wonder how it is possible that her pores can breathe let alone sun hitting her skin. But… it seems that muh wife forgot how to use sun screen this year…. She claims it’s the “new fangled misting” sunscreen, but I think she just doesn’t understand 6-8 inches away. Not horrible... but it just sucked.

On the flip side, I am really glad that we both got a Hole in One in our game of miniature golf, ate a super meal at every restaurant, and finished off a tremendous bottle of wine.

No comments: