Monday, August 23, 2004

Random Thoughts on a Monday Morning

A very attractive woman came on in between segments of one of my favorite game shows -- Lingo. She was obviously there to hock something and I was immediately drawn in -- expecting her to sell me motor oil or some food item. Instead... she admits that even though she is a hot mama, she can get constipation like everyone else. Feeling almost as violated as when they get me on tampon commercials that look friendly, I stopped paying attention to her message until I heard the closing tag line. "Ex Lax, For Regular People Who Sometimes Aren't." Ummm... errrr... uhhh... ok.

Did Lingo get better or worse when they added the blonde bimbo with the British accent? I am not sure, but Chuck Woolery's Two and Two finger motion is certainly more at ... "attention."

One of the contestants -- an attorney -- on Lingo actually said that she likes to decorate and host theme parties. I can honestly say that I have never heard that before. I don't think I want to meet the people that regularly attend these parties.

The Americans won their first rowing medal in over twenty years. The announcer yelled, "The drought is over." The COCKswain jumped into the lap of the guy in the first seat. I don't want any cockswain jumping in my lap. ick.

Can I recommend that you all check out Da Ali G show? It cracks me up. It is on HBO at 10:30 p.m. Some folks can't get past the fake accent that he puts on to trick his victims but he is an extremely talented bloke that makes everyone pay. I especially like how he got the former Governor of New Jersey -- Christie Todd WHitman to rap. No joke... she actually rapped.

There was a huge cluster F this morning on the Today show. AL Roker and Matt Lauer came out and put a huge sheet cake in natalie Coughlin's lap. That was one of the weirdest things I have ever seen. Poor Natalie...

Mondays are fun. oh boy are they fun.

As you know, I dig Chris Moore. I was reading his blog and he is especially New Jersey centric this week. Check it out right here.

No comments: