Wednesday, August 25, 2004

A Scanner = Tons of Memories

Muh honey and I picked up a scanner this past weekend and it has been a flurry of activity in our new office. I have gone through some of my old pictures and pulled out the ones I like best and have begun the process of scanning them all into the computer. It has been a blast and I have been enjoying the memories that come with them.

My favorite memory is a set of 5-6 photos of people and things that I do not know. You may be wondering why I have these pictures and why they make me smile so much. I rented a car once when my car was in the shop. I returned the rental and accidentally left my camera in it. I eventually picked the camera up and got the roll developed. It looks as though the staff was taking random pictures with the camera. Makes me laugh... every single time. (I guess you had to be there.)

For example:

1. I have mentioned on here before that I used to run and perform improvisational theater. I found some stacks of old pictures from the shows I used to put together with a variety of different cast photos and the likes. I can't believe that it was so long ago since I have that. I can't believe how young I looked either. It really brings back the memories and the drive and desire to do that type of theater again. This comes up with me every 7-8 months. I wonder how long it will stick around this time.

2. Revisionist History abounds as well. I found pictures with people that I am no longer fond of or were ex-girlfriends. Some of those pictures will not be making it up on the websites. Ok.. just the pictures of ex-girlfriends. The ones with people I don't care for anymore will still make it up as they were integral parts of my life for so long. I just don't need to revisit the past with the girlfriends -- especially with muh pending nuptials to muh honey.

3. One of the largest stacks of photos has been a variety of Rutgers sporting events. It sure looks like I was having a great time at those things. But alas, we didn't go for the beer, food or fun. We went because we liked the sport. What sport was that again?

4. Old pets. I have a ton of pictures of the old family dog -- Bud. I miss him.

5. Since the majority of my picture taking was before the digital camera, I am amazed to see all the family portraits that we have informally taken over the years. There are vast spaces of time in between each photo and we seem to have aged so much with each.

6. HIGH SCHOOL PICTURES WERE SO UNBELIEVABLY CRUEL.

Time to sign off for now. If you think you were in any of these early photos, you might be. Let me know and I might be able to send you a few before I put them up on the fotki site.

No comments: