Monday, July 26, 2004

How Long is Your Commute?

With the purchase of a new house, I have been blessed with a 4 minute commute to work.  I can go home for lunch and I can sit around laughing as I think of all the other people who have long commutes.

Ha ha... enjoy the traffic ... Ha ha... enjoy the "birds" you see when you creep forward another 15 feet in as many minutes.  Ha ha... enjoy the coffee you just spilled on your pants.

For the record, if you work at home, it doesn't count as a commute.

I love the new short ride.  Muh honey's ride is now over 45 minutes but that was a concious decision on her part when we decided to move into that part of the state. 

The shortest commute I know is someone who lives above the bar she works in.  Nice commute.  She just walks downstairs.  No driving, but hard to fake sick.

I have heard of some long commutes in my time, but I heard of the longest one yesterday at lunch.  I will tell you about him later.

A guy I work with commutes from Hershey, Pennsylvania to Atlantic City, New Jersey every Monday, stays in a condo in Brigantine, and then goes home on Friday night.  That is a long commute and a bit too far from his (not muh) honey.  Bless him.

I met another guy recently who commutes from Philadelphia to New York City every single weekday.  He is on the train for about 2 hours a day.  Now that is insane.

Today, I heard about the longest commute.  I met a guy that has at least a 13 hour commute.  He and his wife have lived on the Big Island in Hawaii for over 40 years and about 4 years ago, he got transferred to New Jersey.  He lives here for 2 months and goes back for like 3 weeks.  THAT IS ONE HELL OF A COMMUTE.

So.. if your commute is 45 minutes or so... let me call the WHHHAAAAmbulance for you.  It doesn't even compare to this guy's commute.

P.S.  Mine's only 4 minutes.  Suckers.

2 comments:

barbara said...

your commute makes me sick! BLEH!

Anonymous said...

My commute is less than 10 minutes even though i live 4 miles from work, until all the D-Bags invade for the summer months...
--chris