Saturday, July 10, 2004

Saturday Morning TV Observations

This possibly re-occurring column makes me laugh. This week's column focusses on a Saturday morning. It is dedicated to his quick observations of things I recently saw on television this morning in my flipping.

1. It made me sad when "Ted" cut off Opie's tongue during the Nantucket Regatta Race in One Crazy Summer.

2. Mona Lisa Smile should have been titled Mona Lisa Frown.

3. Dukes of Hazzard wasn't nearly as good as I remember it being as a child.

4. Best Week Ever could very well be the best show on television.

5. A great site is www.jumptheshark.com Ron Popeil jumped the shark when he started appearing on his own informercials. Rotisserie Chicken machine anyone?

6. I like dogs but there is a show on New Jersey 12 that spooks me. It is called The Pet Stop and there are grown ups who talk about their pets. This is a bit extreme. It is most upsetting when they have cats on. I hate those most.

7. Jet Tan or is it Tan Jet gives you a smooth look all over your body. Just spray your body down in minutes in the convenience of your own home. oh lord...it is time for a live Jet Tan demonstration! Allison looks "sun-tastic!"

8. World Poker Tour is the best poker show on telelvision... hands down. None of this crappy World Series of Poker of Celebrity Poker Showdown. Vince Van Patton and Mike Sexton are my heroes and Shana Hiatt (http://www.worldpokertour.com/tvshow/hosts/?id=198) is my queen.

Until next time.

2 comments:

mickeyg said...

What are you doing watching that many tv shows on Saturday morning at 7:00 am. I agree - Saturday tv sucks, but at 8:30 you should flip to the food netwok and watch good eats! (half mr. wizard, half cooking with some fun along the way).

jame1030 said...

I think Dukes of Hazzard was great at the time because of all the other crap there was on tv... We didn't have 10 million satellite channels then.