Saturday, July 31, 2004

SATURDAY MORNING MUSINGS

How Much is Too Much Information?

I heard the best thing last night at the Trenton Thunder game. For those of you from across the country, the Trenton Thunder is the AA affiliate of the New York Yankees and a pretty cool llittle team to go see.

The game was over and I was walking into the men's room. Leaving the men's room was an obese gentleman with his little son.
The son said -- Daddy, you didn't wash your hands.
The father replies -- I don't have to. I didn't touch it.
The son says -- Why not?
Father educates his son by saying -- I am wearing pants with an elastic band.

Would you believe that the man also had on a wife beater type tank top and was chewing on what looked like a piece of wood? I swear to you that is the truth.

LAMB

I mentioned earlier that I am reading another book by Christopher Moore and it is entitled "LAMB: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal." As I am only about 90 pages into the book, I do not know what the rest of the book holds but it follows Jesus and his buddy Biff at the age of ten. It is funny watching and reading the kids talk like normal ten year olds... but.. one of them just happens to be the Messiah. I really give this guy Christopher Moore credit. So far, he is keeping the religious part of the book to a minimum and maximizing the humor. None of us really think of Christ before the age of 30 but this book is offering a fu n look at it. He is quite an author. GIve him a shot... with any of his books that I hvae read so fa. The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove, Blood Sucking Fiends: A Love Story and now... LAMB.

CREED

Creed broke up. I saw that coming for years. The new band Alter Bridge without the guy they got rid of is cool.

THE KILLERS

I just saw the video again for "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers. That is a catchy song. Hello One Hit Wonder, bye bye cool life forever.

No comments: