Saturday, July 24, 2004

Saturday Morning Television Flipping

Saturday Morning Television Flipping

I was flipping again this morning before the 8:00 am hour and was astonished to see what is on television.

1.  When I turned on the television, I was surprised to a quick love song performance by John Denver.  He sang love songs?  I thought he just sang crap.  Get  your copy of Time Life's Romance classics here!  This informercial actually lasted an entire half hour.

2.  Polar Express is a new animated film with creepy looking human beings in it.  I remember the first time I saw the preview.  I thought the humans -- the prime subject of the film -- were extremely odd looking and moved without any natural movements.  I was right, but now I have found something else that is more appalling!  The movie stars Tom Hanks, but it also stars another super star -- PETER SCOLARI!  That's right! The Bosom Buddies are reunited!  Pigs are flying and Satan just asked for a sweater.  Go Peter... Go Peter... go go go!!!

3.  In an effort to be hip, the Ab Lounge sells its products by telling us that it produces "AWESOME results."  As a Gen Xer, I must buy this product.  If I have awesome abs, I will therefore be awesome and people will like me.  I will believe anything an attractive woman tells me.  Right muh honey?

4.  Right now -- 97% humidity.  Jesus.

5.  Did anyone else know that Gilligan's Island was once in black and white.  No... really.

6.  No matter how many people tell me that it was hilarious enough to spawn two sequels, Look Who's Talking was NEVER a funny movie.  Kirstie Alley was the only redeeming feature of this movie.

7.  What was really the best part of Risky Business?  Was it the scene on the subway?  Was it when Tom Cruise dances around in his underwear?  Was it whenever Rebecca DeMornay was on the screen?  No... It was whenever Barry a.k.a. Bronson Pinchot spoke.  The man is/was a genius.  "Are you stoned?" I wish Perfect Strangers was on tv someplace.  Cousin Larry is still the greatest cousin ever. (Sorry kneel)

8.  Has anyone else ever just left HBO Latin on?  Why is it so hypnotizing?

9.  What movie features the "Great Tri-County Bake Off & Pie Eat"?  First one to guess correctly gets a prize.

10.  PBS on Demand.   nutty...

Phillies game today... let's see if its rained out.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that would be stand by me, based on a novella called the body, written by stephen king. ;-)
-mara

Anonymous said...

I'm devastated.

kneel

mickeyg said...

Hey- John Denver does not sing crap. How can you look down on someone who sings christmas songs with the muppets!

-g