Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Top Five Tuesday

I was in the car today driving to a meeting that had the location changed and I didn't know until I arrived there. Good times.

While driving... I was thinking about my favorite book -- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby. The main character in the book makes top five lists with members of his record store staff. I started making some top five lists in my head. Let me share some with you. I also encourage you to suggest some top five lists here... the same as mine or make up a new category for me to think about. These are in no particular order.

Top Five Movies to Quote
1. Big Trouble In Little China
2. Evil Dead I/Evil Dead II/Army of Darkness
3. Fletch
4. Pee Wee's Big Adventure
5. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Top Five Musical Acts To Take To A Desert Island
1. U2
2. Neil Diamond
3. Better Than Ezra
4. Cowboy Mouth
5. Barenaked Ladies

Top Five Deal Breakers With Chicks
1. Smoking
2. Stupidity
3. Cackling
4. Oprah Worshipping (This also applies to Martha Stewart)
5. Missing Tooth

Top Five Guilty Pleasure Movies
1. A Walk to Remember
2. Babe
3. Pee Wee's Big Adventure
4. Showgirls -- For the acting.... I swear..
5. Twin Peaks -- Original Movie

Top Five Writers (as of today)
1. Stephen King
2. David Sedaris
3. Jonathan Kellerman
4. J.K. Rowling
5. Chris Moore

Top Five New Jersey Towns
1. Metuchen
2. Ringoes
3. Sergeantsville
4. Camden
5. Newark

Top Five Reasons To Get Up In The Morning (Thank you Kelly)
1. Muh Honey
2. Our House
3. Cheese and its Powers
4. Ice Cream
5. Friends

Until next time... be sure to post and if you do anonymously... be sure to add your name at the end of the actual post!

Be good.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm in trouble, because I definite cackle on occasion. Love the lists otherwise! How about...Top Five Reasons to Heart Asphalt or Top Five Bizarre Items I've Sold On eBay (posted by: yuh honey)

mickeyg said...

I have to disagree with top five movies to quote - you can't leave out Princess Bride or Clue!
How about top five reasons to not quit your job and start a farm in Maine (please, cause I can't find any at the moment and I just might do it).
G

Smelmooo said...

Ummm... clue? No.

Princess Bride is close to the top... but isn't as fun. It is a great movie... maybe 7th on my list. I had to cut the Shreks off the list.

Top reason why to stay in New Jersey. Muh new steps. (Our isn't as much fun to change to an uh word.)

barbara said...

nice lists... "I know you are but what am I?" Ha! Loved that movie! JK Rowling rocks my socks... and Showgirls? Can you belive that's Jessie from Saved by the Bell? My how she's grown!