Friday, July 02, 2004

Light Sleep

Last night was an interesting night. I was at the shore and it was slightly humid so I left the window open to allow for more air flow through the house. It worked.

At some point, I decided to finally go to bed even though I was hopped up on what was probably the greatest baseball game I have ever watched. The Yankees and the Red Sox played a 13 inning nail biter that actually got me out of my seat.

I had to turn away from the game many times... just because it was so dang exciting.

Well... my heart rate eventually came down and I was able to finally sleep.

What a night it was... it turns out that if I left the windows shut, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

A surprise thunder storm hit the area and I have never heard lightning that loud before. It was right outside the house and it scared the bejesus out of me -- several times. It was such a surrelaistic evening that I wasn't even sure the entire thing happened until I made some jokes to my next door neighbor.

The forces of nature amaze me. No matter how much we develop as a society, we can still never contend with the forces of nature.

The forces of no sleep are pushing right now.

I need a nap.


No comments: