Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Ouch...

... my ass hurts.

For a simple reason too.  I was rushing around yesterday morning getting ready for work when I noticed the time.

I went downstairs to find my pants and my socked foot slipped our from underneath me.

It is amazing that when a horrific thing is about to happen to you, things seem to slow down.  It is this feeling that leads me to believe that if I ever do get into an extremely dangerous and/or stressful situation, I will have the cool head to prevent serious tragedy to myself and/or others.

(I seem to like "and/or" today.)

As my rump was making two foot descent from the air to the wooden staircase, I remembered back to a time when I fell and I hurt my tailbone.  That sucked for about 2 weeks.  I wasn't about to let that happen again so I shifted my ass in mid-flight and landed squarely on the squishy right cheek. 

It still hurt like a &$$#%$%.  I am happy to report to you today that it is more than 24 hours later and my touche still hurts with the appropriate big black and blue bruise.  

Falling down stairs is something that I haven't done since I was about 10 years old when I fell down the stairs in my parents' basement. 

That hurt a bunch and I don't remember if there was any serious dain bramage done.  Their meyeght have bin but eye am not shure.

I know you people out there have fallen on your proverbial asses as well.  What did it feel like?  What were you doing that you lost the ability to walk down STEPS?!?!?  What was the initial reaction and did you cry like a little baby? 

For the record -- I did NOT cry like a baby, but I wished muh honey was there so I could whine a bunch.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if there are more than 7 stairs in a row without a landing, i get scared because i'm so clumsy....i hurt myself all the time, and stairs are no exception. i am actually trying to figure out a way to not work in a particular building in september because there are 21 scary steps in a row out front! btw sorry about your fall...bruised asses really hurt! i once tipped off the back of my chair (in 4th grade) and bruised my coccyx. man that sucked.
mara