Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Things You Should Know About the Smelmooo... Part... Whatever..

Now it is time for another Things You Should Know About the Smelmooo installment. Today's edition will focus on absolutely NOTHING!!!

1. Muh honey and I went out for a bite to eat last night at a local Spanish restaurant. The two best things about Spanish restaurants are CHORIZO and leftovers. I love to order the paella because then I am eating for three days.

2. Snapple tops have overrun my desk at work.

3. My new author of the moment is Christopher Moore. If there was a guy that should win literary awards just for the titles -- it is Christopher Moore. I have read "Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove" and "Bloodsucking Fiends -- A Love Story" and I laughed out loud at them. I will be reading "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" in a week or so. The guy knows how to write funny novels that you think and laugh. Thanks Tom and Laura for introducing him to me.

4. I don't nap. It ruins my day.

5. I am so angry at myself. I have to admit something dreadful. I really enjoy "Accidentally in Love" AND the video by the Counting Crows. God... it sucks... but I love it.

6. The guy who just won $1 million on Jeopardy is the same age as me. At least I have my Snapple facts.

7. The Kushner scandal is interesting. I would have made shit up if I knew I was going to get hookers out of the deal.

8. "The All-Star game was Roger Clemens' time to shine in Houston, his hometown. The AL had different ideas. The Rocket was roughed up in his lone inning of work, serving up two homers and taking the loss for the NL in a 9-4 defeat." (From MSN) Serves you right for leaving the Yankees in the way that you did. Pr*ck. On the flip side... also from MSN... "Soriano wins MVP award --In New York Alfonso Soriano was just another star. In Texas he's become a superstar and the All-Star game's MVP." Good for him!

9. My most revealing statement of the day. I use only the finest Colgate products. They are quality... at least until my buddy stops working there.

10. Grill shopping is tough. So much to consider. So much to balance.

2 comments:

mickeyg said...

Go with Charcoal - it's the way to go always. But if you don't like the whole lighting charcoal thing, weber makes a gas/charcoal hybrid. There are also other hybrids out there that let you grill with gas for those quick suppers and grill with charcoal for those days you want better flavor.

barbara said...

I think "Accidentally in Love" is a perty catchy tune myself. I love the video... poor guy huh? Being dumped by the girl for a cartoon rabbit? Well it serves him right, that's what you get for cooking eggs that dropped on the floor! Anywho, so when will I be "cool" enough to make it to your "Friends and Family" blog list?