Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Blog About THE DOG

Last night, a new television show aired on the public airwaves. Many people were talking about it and NO, it was not Father of the Pride. It was Dog -- The Bounty Hunter. Funny thing is, it aired on the super classy network of A&E.

Dog The Bounty Hunter, A&E's new unscripted series that will follow the real-life adventures of legendary bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman. Documenting the home and professional life of Dog and his family as he attempts to balance bounty hunting with his relationships with wife and business partner Beth and their twelve children (yes, that's right, twelve children) Dog The Bounty Hunter will follow cover everything from the capture of fugitives on the run to the reading of bedtime stories.


My interest was peaked when I heard a radio ad for it yesterday morning when taking a shower. I had to follow up and see if it was for real. I wasn't sure if it could be for real... but it was.

I visited A&E's official site and found this site which aired a promo for it. http://www.aetv.com/dogthebountyhunter/

My gut reaction was... "Umm..I think I HAVE to watch this tonight. It will either be awesome or suck entirely. Either way... it will make for incredible television."


My favorite line is. "My kids are everything to me and sometimes I think about them before I kick the door in."

DID I WATCH IT?

Of course I did. I watched both of the debut episodes and I gotta admit something... I liked it. Here are some of the highlights.

1. He has a pair of mini-handcuffs for earrings. That's a bad ass?

2. He has long blonde hair... but if you look closely...it is going... fast.

3. The show is set in Hawaii. I predict that they will have good weather all the time.

4. I loved it when the mommy cheers with the kids that can barely speak about how Daddy caught the bad guys.

5. He actually tries to convert these people back to being good. he is a white Montell Williams -- bringing people back to the good side.

6. Dog is a big man who is teaching his entire family the business. Kicking ass runs in the family I learned.

7. He is supposed to be a big tough man and he is arresting these supposedly violent criminals. NOT ONE OF THE THREE PEOPLE HE ARRESTED WAS EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO STRUGGLING!!! That was my one complaint of the show.

So.. I can't tell if the show was good or terrible, but I can tell you that I will watch it again as I am now still pleased with what I watched. I suggest you all give it a shot. I guarantee that you will love it or hate it. Guarandamntee it.


No comments: