Monday, September 13, 2004

Permits Are Meant to HELP You.

Ouch.

I wrote a whole blog a couple of months ago about how I had to go out and get a permit so that muh honey and I could park on the street. Click here to refresh your memory.

So.... muh honey and I notice a flapping white piece of paper on my windshield recently... Yeup... it was a parking ticket and it was for "Parking during prohibited hours." So the ticket is obviously invalid and I am surprised that she even wrote the ticket since I have the permit number not more than 5 feet from where she had to get out of the car to put it under the windshield wiper.

So... this morning... I call the police office and I speak to the desk officer. I tell him what happened and that this is obviously a mistake. He laughs and tells me that I need to call the Sarge on Tuesday to see if he can do antyhing about it. (I am guessing that a fellow officer cannot overturn an equal's ticket.) He also tells me... "I know that car and I know it can park there. That ticket is wrong."

Sort of creepy and reassuring at the same time.

So now I have muh ticket, the reassurance of a fellow police officer and the ability to wait the weekend before I can speak to someone who might be able to spare me the trip into municipal court.

Good luck

No comments: