Friday, September 03, 2004

Men are Pigs

Men are Pigs

Recently, I have been noticing the legitimization by society of the basic fact that Men Are Pigs.

This first came to my attention about a year ago when I was at the gym. I was a member of this gym for about 1.5 years and the entire gym was open for everyone to use. Eventually, I noticed a gradual change that was taking place. One third of the expanse was being sectioned off. I initially thought that this was being done to keep a section of the gym separate from the renovation that was being done throughout.

This was not so. When the construction was finally complete, I noticed a sign to the entrance of the separated section that said "Women."

I don't mind a separate section of the gym for women, but this struck me as odd -- until I figured it out. Plenty of the women in the gym were attractie enough to be ogled on a regular basis by the majority of the clientele at the gym (Not Me! I love muh honey.) The separate section of the gym was created solely because men are pigs.

This is also evident in the influx of "Curves" gyms for women. The windows are "steamed" and no one can see inside. The place offers exercise for women. Would that all be necessary if men weren't pigs?

One last piece of evidence. Has anyone else noticed the proliferation of men's magazines that don't show nudity but offer fine looking ladies in bikinis and stuff? Maxim, Stuff, FHM, Blender, etc etc etc. These magazines, although funny in spots, offer men the outlet they need to be pigs.

I can only imagine how crazy the world would get if those magazines were at the gym. the walls would need to be lead.

No comments: