Saturday, September 25, 2004

How to Piss....

... Someone Off...

I was at the Post Office a couple of days ago when I came to a conclusion.

People get testy when they have been identified as a jackass for doing something very dumb.

The U.S. Postal Service provides its customers with free shipping materials for those that utilize its Priority Mail services. This includes boxes, tapes and labels. It costs a little more to ship that way, but the materials are free..soooo.....you probably save money in the long run. Heck, they will even deliver these materials to your house for free!

The United States Postal only has a few rules if you use their free materials...
1. Don't use to send bombs, liquids, fragiles, chemicals, or perishables.
2. Don't use for anything but Priority Mail (meaning... don't wrap paper around it and attempt to ship it by another method.)
3. Domestic Use only.

I know that I can only send things in the United States because it says "Domestic Use" all over the frigging box. However, today, a guy didn't want to follow rule #3.

I was behind a gentleman who had a Priority Mail box in his hand. I also saw that he had a Customs label attached to it. I knew there was going to be a problem.

He took the box to the front desk and the cashier informed him that she could not accept the package as it was for Priority Mail only.

His response -- What are you talking about?
She said -- This box can only be used to send in the United States.
He said -- How the hell am I supposed to know that?
I said -- Because it says it about 5 times on each box.
He turned and looked at me. That was when I realized... Just keep your mouth shut and I did.

He was infuriated...and I made it worse. I guess I am still lucky enough to be able to type this blog up. He could have wasted me... big time.

Let this be a lesson to you all....don't say what you are thinking ...especially when the guy was a dumb ass to begin with.

No comments: