Friday, May 27, 2005

Amusing Thoughts on a Friday

1. Coke has a bottle cap game. 1 in 12 people win a free Diet Coke. So... I have won 2 "1 Liter Diet Coke Products." Can anyone tell me where they sell 1-Liter Diet Coke products? They have the 1 1/2 liters, the 2 liters and the 20 oz bottles, but I cannot seem to find a place that sells the 1 Liters... That just sucks.

2. One of the perks of shopping at a grocery store and using the club cards is to see how much muh wife and I have saved over the year and how much we have spent. It puts a lot of things into perspective. Our store's computer system has been down recently and it has been unable to tell us the totals, but it claims it is accruing all the information. It better be... that's all I gotta say or there will be hell to pay!!!

3. I was watching a weird 1/2 hour on ESPN the other day. It was the PBAs "trick" bowling show. That's right, there was a tournament of head to had contests where bowlers were basically playing horse. One bowler would do a funky trick like throw a strike but the ball had to go through four chair legs or something and the first one to three would win. IT WAS SUPER FUN TO WATCH... because of its complete lameness.

4. While watching the bowling... this was actually said... ""When it comes to throwing balls through chair legs, that's the man!!!"

5. During the bowling show, the announcer was named Randy.. and he rated each shot for difficulty... with his... RANDY RATING!!! Insane.

6. I went to the gym today and I get so irritated at the young people... or should I say... able bodied people... that take the elevator up to the third floor to the fitness center. You are at the gym... take the stairs and leave the elevator to the seniors and to those who are rehabbing for goodness sake!

7. Am I the only one looking forward to the weekend? It should include a nice mixture of relaxing and working in the yard to suit my tastes.

8. Last night was a good night despite the absence of muh wife who was at a sneak preview for some Travelling Pants chick flick movie. I watched the Yankees win, played with Tucker, finally pick up a book in over a week, and still managed to do some much needed laundry.

9. Just because Phil Helmuth is a great poker player and is charismatic in an evil way to many or entertaining way to me, it doesn't mean that he is a good teacher of the game on his DVD series.

10. Go home early folks... it is worth it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been seeing liter bottles at the supermarket more often lately. They are definitely at the A&P in Ridgewood which does not help you at all, but I know I purchased one there. So maybe other A&P stores sell them as well. Have a great weekend all!

-Shari