Monday, June 13, 2005

Actual Conversation at the Bank Today

I drove up to the drive through window at the bank as the lobby wasn't open yet.

I put a check that was made out to "CASH" into the slot and when I said hello I asked the teller for 20 $1 bills.

She checked her drawer over and came back over the microphone with, "I do not have 20 $1 bills. May I give you all 20s?"

I responded with, "Do you have any 5s?"

She said, "Yes I do." and stared at me.

I said, "May I have four of them please?"

She said, "Sure." She then counted out the money and came back over the microphone. "I found 10 $1 bills."

I am confused at this point as I am trying to figure out why she didn't just say that to begin with as she hasn't left her stool yet.

"May I have them please?" I inquired.

"Are you sure? I thought you wanted 20 of them." She seriously said.

I just smiled really big and said, "Yes I am sure."

She then said... "Okay... so that is 4 $5 bills, 10 $1 bills. Oh wait, do you want two $5 bills to complete that second $20?"

I was starting to get annoyed and I said. "No. I will take $40 in 20s and I will take 10 $1 bills and 2 $5 bills."

The light went ding in her head.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

going to strip clubs again?

Smelmooo said...

Alas RL or SG, I wish it were true... but it was for poker night.

No one wins their $20 at an even $20. We gotta split it up somehow.

Anonymous said...

Now you ruined it.

No more comments for you.