Thursday, June 23, 2005

Random Musings... On a...Thursday...


1. I was at my favorite neighborhood convenience store where I stop in at least once a day and sometimes twice a day. I am guessing that a married couple runs the joint while her mother is the cook. I could be wrong. The mother could run the place. The married couple is the front "man" by taking orders and ringing up purchases. Everyone in the store is a little rough around the edges yet I feel pretty comfortable in there even with my shirt and tie. They are always picking on each other and today I heard the best line yet. It was said so dryly that it could have sucked up all the water out of the Atlantic Ocean. (Phone rings) "Hey mom! that's the phone. Pick it up and it stops ringing." Mom gave her the finger. It was very funny.

2. I just found out that Saddam Hussein loves Doritoes. I never thought that muh wife and Saddam would have something in common! Go Saddam... Go Saddam... Go Saddam... I dare you to steal muh wife away.

3. I am a basketball purist and I love to watch a good no-show off game any chance I get. It is for this reason that I do not even think of turning the NBA on. The NBA is a waste of time and not even remotely close to real basketball. It is also this reason that I love to watch College Basketball. Those are people that love to play the game. I really appreciate that and their commitment.

4. Seriously... I know this person who just had a baby with someone that I abhor. And... wouldn't you know it... the baby looks EXACTLY LIKE THE GUY I DON'T LIKE. I want to tell her that the baby is cute... but his father is a monster... and the baby looks like a monster. ARGH.

5. Netflix now has a "Previously Viewed" section where you can buy some of their extra copies. That is cool.

6. I have to admit that I too... like muh wife... almost never care about brand loyalty. I don't care if it is generic or whatever's on sale. This does NOT apply however to ONE thing. Hellman's mayo...and dammit... it better not be fat free. Blech. That reminds me... I have to buy that.

No comments: