Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Muh Busy Weekend

I am not the type of person to relate in diary format about what kind of day I had. I usually like to relate a story about the type of weekend I had as seen through an individual story, but this past weekend was quite the busy weekend. It is now later in the week and I am still trying to recover from all the running around and fun that we had.

This will also be a fun post as I plan on adding a ton of links to it for your CLICKING PLEASURE!

Friday night was the slowest night of the weekend as I spent a lovely evening with the incomparable Tucker. We played games and watched the Yankees game (he is as disgusted by the level of play as I am) and pretty much hung around until about 9:30 when muh wife (Tangent Woman) came home from a night out with her folks after her field trip.

On Saturday, I woke up at four in the morning and wrote up a bunch of eBay listings...as that hobby is starting again. I like to sell things on eBay and I am excited when things sell. I am trying to sell a bunch of random objects from around the house before I pick up the task of selling things for my co-workers. Anyone in need of a set of floor mats for a Toyota 4-Runner?

I eventually woke muh wife up at about 7:30 and we got dressed and gussied up for a trip to New York City. We did the ole TKTS thingy where you go wait on line for an hour or so to pick up a pair of tickets to a show. You don't know what show you will see when you go up to the counter and that is partly what makes the day fun. It also requires us to go explore the city for 4 hours or so. We walked deep into Central Park after walking the 17 or so blocks down 7th Avenue through a street Fair. It isn't often that you can freely stand in the middle of a major street in NYC and take pictures. I have a few good ones on my photo site. After Central Park, we ate at a pretty neat Thai place and then had a quick drink at an Applebees.

We had obtained tickets to see Hairspray...the Best Musical of 2003 or 2002 or something. It was a good time, but we were sitting near a pair of people who were obviously from way out of town. The idea of a Broadway show was tremendous to them and they stared at everything with awe and amazement. The fella of the pair LOVED the show. I know this because he was one of those people that laugh AT EVERYTHING and they laugh incredibly LOUDLY!

Part of me admires people like that as they are not afraid to hold back their impressions and laugh hysterically at everything, but in a confined space... I was a bit annoyed.

After the show, we made our way home and were snugly back with the Tuckster at 6:00 pm. We cooked up some food on the grill and hung around. I went to bed at 9 to prepare for the early rise on Sunday which happened at 2:30 am while muh wife waited for my good friend Mike to show up.

We left at 3:00 am...arrived in Dover at 5:45 am, had the tent sent up by 6:00 and the first Miller Lite finished by 6:10. The day was a gorgeous sunny day and after a half bottle of sun screen and MANY MANY Ounces of meat consumed, we came home and arrived at 11:45 or so in the evening.

Sleep came easy... very easy...

No comments: