Thursday, June 16, 2005

Random Thoughts on...a Nice Day in June....

1. When I go to a diner, I expect the waitress to take my order and refer to me as "Hon" -- Short for Honey. When I go to a Chinese restaurant, I do not expect this. When I ordered Chinese food a week or so ago, I made my order to the woman who spoke perfect English and ended the conversation with -- "That'll be 15 minutes hon." I was speechless when she did it again to me three times in the one minute transaction at the restaurant as well.

2. It has been so hot recently that I feel as though I have a permanent pair of underpants on. They fused to my skin.

3. I don't ask for much from the Yankees. As much as I enjoy seeing them beat up on teams 9-0, I would much rather see them win a lot of 5-3 games than very few 9-0 games. It makes them a better team and requires everyone to contribute more evenly.

4. I read an article about a new police officer in my town. He is 21 years old. That seems WAAAAYYY too young to be able to ruin my life forever.

5. I read another article in the paper today that told me that the entrance ramp to Route 1 and all of Route 1 in both directions where I get on and off almost every single day was shut down for 4 hours due to a MAJOR accident. I only found out about it in the paper. Sick. It was weird seeing that it was that close to our house. (About .8 miles.)

6. I have this very big need to just get in the car and go to Atlantic City to see if I can keep my poker winning streak up.

7. I am not sure why, but I was really looking forward to the new Batman movie. I don't read any of the comics and I haven't really liked any of the Batman movies since the first one with Michael Keaton, but I was hoping for a fun super hero movie this summer. Something to get me out of my funk where I don't wanna see anything that is out. Anyway... it is getting killed... I will wait for DVD.

8. Soooo... I decide to do something nice for Tangent Woman and I send a boquet of flowers to her at work... it was to arrive yesterday... as a surprise. YET...she decided to choose yesterday... as the only the 3rd time ever in our relationship... to work at home. My brother informed me that it is National Kick in the Pants week...s o that seems appropriate.

No comments: