Thursday, June 30, 2005

Random Musings on a ... THursday ... already?


1. Tom Cruise -- For a fella who doesn't want to get absorbed into the world of this celebrity hack, I think about him an awful lot. He is a whack job and coming very close to being as absolutely insane as Michael Jackson. His recent comments and argument with Matt Lauer have me walking aroudn with a horrible taste in my mouth. How does the public let him get away with it? I blame it all on People magazine. I do so because this is the magazine that Tangent Woman receives weekly. The article last week was a story about how he proposed. I don't want to take the Lord's name in vain... but JESUS!!! We need to stop buying these magazines. They only encourage publicists to keep these shamble relationships up.

2. I had a boss once that wanted to do a press hit on an issue that I knew would generate absolutely NO INTEREST. I told him politely that it wouldn't. I say I did it politely because I tend to tell people how I really fell. He insisted and I did the due diligence and put out the "approved" media information and was not surprised when it turned up NOWHERE. When asked why it didn't get into any of the papers, I responded quickly with... "Because it was dumb." I never heard him complain about my advice again.

3. Six Feet Under -- I really think this is/was the best show that HBO had to offer -- even better than the Sopranos (Seasons 2-5). This season is frustrating me. Four seasons of watching self destructive people was tough enough but this year... they are so insane! It is a weird state of affairs when Brenda is the most sane person on the show. I will keep watching it as it is an exceptionally well made show. I still like it... but every once in awhile I want to give each of them a cupcake and a hug.

4. Entourage -- This is another funny show that not many people watch. In case you are a fan, then you will appreciate this HBO sponsored site -- www.lhiob.com

5. Spaghetti Westerns -- For someone who has seen a ton of movies, I had no idea what a spaghetti western was and I encourage you all to discover what they were. Kudos to Dave -- Minnams' husband for letting me borrow the three classic ones directed by legendary Sergio Leone (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.) I had a great time and they rock.

No comments: