Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Guest Blog -- A Day At Home

*Flop*

I need to flop frequently as it means I will sleep better on whatever I land on.

*Flop*

I can't believe that I am actually still lying in my crate at 6:20 in the morning. Muh mom usually wakes up to that really loud and annoying alarm at 6:00 am and we sneak out of the bedroom and go downstairs for my morning pee and breakfast.

She didn't come home last night and I stared at the front door all night wondering when she was going to come home. At least I was able to sleep in the cool air conditioned room of muh parents. I do every night but muh dad ensures that the room is nice and cool for him and me.

*Flop*

His alarm clock says 6:23 am and I have to sit up since I can't really take it any longer. Maybe if I jingle my collar and make the tags make a lot of noise, muh dad will wake up and take me out. THAT DID IT!!! He flipped the covers off and ambled over. I am so glad to see him as I have to pee more than anything.

Hey wait!... Come back into the bedrooma nd open the crate... lucky dad... he gets to pee first.

I eventually made it outside for muh monster pee and we went for a walk around..sniffing and smelling anything that lied on the ground. Everything smells so good and yummy that I want to put it all in muh mouth. My dad is a bit more lenient than my mom but he still sticks his fingers in there when I get my little mouth around some bark or mulch. I guess in the long run...they are looking after me... but still.

Dad takes me back inside and showers and gets ready for work. This is a very important part of the day for me even when mom is home too. It is my job as the puppy of the house to whine and cry because I have just remembered their pattern of showering and leaving me alone for the day until lunch time.

*Whine* 20 minutes later, dad comes downstairs and I hop around and get all excited since he is really the most handsome person in the world. Mom is cute... but dad is the draw in this pair since he plays rough with me and makes sure that I am a tough dog. Mom is the one that feeds me and takes me out in the morning... oh heck. They are both great!

Dad and I play with the really cool squeaky football that he makes squeak while it is in my mouth. I love the sound of that muffled squeak.

Now... here is the second most important thing I have to do as the puppy of the house. Dad leaves me and I give him these really huge puppy dog eyes and whine the softest little whimper I can. This makes him feel more guilty than anyone I know. Sucker.

For the next few hours, I sleep. I sleep soundly until I hear Dad walk in ...

"HELLLOOOO TUCKKER!" he yells. "Wanna go for a walk?" Of course all I do is hop up and down and accept his invitation to run around the yard and lie on my back and let him pet muh belly and lie around with him as he eats lunch and reads or plays with me. It is always up to me and my attitude. Today... I think is a pet muh belly as much as possible day. I love that.

Dad eventually gets up and goes back to work for the rest of the day. He tells me that he will be home in a couple of hours, but I really have no idea what he means by that.

He comes home in a few minutes... or hours or days... I don't know since I got another great nap in. I am really good at that.

This time I am so excited to see him that I sort of pee a bit and dad is forced to wipe it up with a paper towel. Sorry dad... but I love seeing you.

We keep playing and eating and playing and sleeping and playing and cursing out the Yankees for the rest of the night. Dad tells me that mom isn't comng home again tonight but she will be home tomorrow. That makes me sad and happy but I still... just a puppy... so I throw in a little of my puppy dog eyes and lie on my side as though all the energy of the world has been sucked out of my body.

After one final pee and romp around in the dark, it is time for us to go to bed. It is cool in the room again and I know dad loves me because I always have this fur coat on and he makes it nice and cool.

It must be late... I am pawing in run on sentences now... I leave you all now and I hope you enjoyed muh day of funness.

Until next time... I leave you with this joke.

Did you hear about the three legged dog that walked into the saloon and said... "I am looking for the man that shot muh paw."

*Flop*


5 comments:

barbara said...

Tucker, you are so adorable!

Loved reading about your day... can't wait to meet you! :)

BTW, I think your dad edited your entry because it says something about him being "the most handsome person in the world" ... hmmm, curious.

barbara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

*Flop*

jame1030 said...

Wow Tucker, you're amazing!

Your grammar is excellent for only being a pup! How did those little paws type on the keyboard?

I see that you get your sense of humor from your dad!

Anonymous said...

*flop*

*flop*

Thank you for calling Tucker. I am away from my desk in a big lump on the floor.

I am sleeping as my dad is coming home in an hour or something.