Thursday, June 02, 2005

Trenton Titans... Ahh... The Victory...

Muh wife and I went out to a Trenton Titans hockey game on our first date. I had a pair of tickets and finally got up the courage to see if she wanted to go with me.

It was a test really... I wanted to see if she was:

1. Willing to go to a sporting event as I love going to them...
2. Willing to go out in public with me.

I was lucky on both accounts and she said yes.

I had been going to Titans games with my friends Matt and Mike for a couple of years by that point. Enough that we were friendly with the people that always sat behind us even though we only went to about 8-10 games a season. I was fortunate enough to know someone who worked for a company that couldn't give the tickets away except on weekends. So... she always gave them to me... It was a pretty sweet set up.

Anyway... muh wife and I went to the Titans game and had a blast. We then went to another game on our second date... needless to say... the Titans hold a very special place in our hearts.

The Titans are a minor league hockey team affiliated with the New York Islanders and Philadelphia Flyers. Essentially, they are two levels below the pros and are fun to watch because they play hockey and do not rely as much on the fighting and crap. The games are played in a 5000 seat stadium and all seats are good. The fans are top notch and extremely loyal. It is a fun night whether you like hockey or not...

What's the point Smelmooo?

Well... I have been diligently following the Titans ever since and this year was a pretty exciting year for the Titans as they won the "Kelly Cup" The Kelly Cup is the ECHL's equivalent of the Stanley Cup. It is the first time in almost 60 years that a professional team has won a professional sports title in Trenton. It is a big deal to many people... and I bet you didn't hear about it this morning. That .. to me .. is a shame...

Well... kudos to the Trenton Titans!!!

Congratulations on winning the Kelly Cup in your sixth year of existence!!!

No comments: